We are taking all of the necessary precautions to protect our patients and staff during COVID-19.
- To limit the number of people in our office, we have implemented an avoid the waiting room policy. When you arrive for your scheduled appointment, please text or call our main office number (864) 962-6787 and wait in your car! As soon as your treatment room is ready, your provider will come out to the car to get you.
- You will be asked a series of screening questions prior to entering the office. We have also implemented temperature checks. Patients with a temperature over 100.4 will be rescheduled.
- Providers and staff members have increased PPE (personal protective equipment) and will wear PPE throughout the entire appointment.
- Hand sanitizer is available in multiple locations throughout the office. Patients are requested to sanitize hands prior to filling out any forms.
- Digital new patient forms are available. We ask for your cooperation in completing your new patient forms prior to your appointment.
- Magazines, toys, books, stuffed animals have been removed from our waiting area and children’s area for the time being.
- Thorough disinfection of all operatories and “touchpoints” is being completed between all patients.
- Air purifiers have been installed throughout the office
We ask for your help with a couple of items!
- If you or a family member are currently experiencing symptoms consistent with respiratory disease (cough, fatigue, shortness of breath, fever) please call us to reschedule your appointment.
- Pediatric or elderly patients may have one adult accompany them during their appointment. We ask that all other family members wait in the car.
- Please wear a mask or face covering when entering and exiting the building
- If you have an update to your insurance information, please phone our office ahead of time to provide this information
- We are utilizing a digital platform to allow for “touch-free” payments. If a co-pay is due, our team will forward a secure link prior to your appointment. Kindly take care of the balance due prior to your appointment time.
- Due to the additional PPE that our providers are wearing, we are keeping our office a little cooler! We recommend bringing a sweater or blanket as it does get chilly in the office!